Monday, April 12, 2010

eBikes on a Train


I recently took the Cascade Starlight train to Seattle, WA. I wasn't sure that I'd be able to take the ebike on the train, so I opted to use my folding bike instead. However, when I asked at the luggage desk whether ebikes were considered bikes, or were separately banned, they responded that as long as the bike fits on their rack and weighs less than 50lbs (with the battery removed, I assume), its fine for the train.

Unrelated to ebikes, the train was a great way to travel. Much better scenery than in a car, and no need to worry about the perennial I-5 traffic. Its an additional $5 to take the bike on the train, but in my mind, money well spent. There are a limited number of spaces that don't require some degree of disassembly, so I'd say its definitely worth planning ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment