Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Metro + Gracie's Wrench: Building Better eBikers


Today I sat in on a brown bag lunch meeting about ebikes at Metro. Metro recently added an electric bike from The eBike Storeto their vehicle pool, and the brown bag was a required orientation session for interested users. Tori Bortman of Gracie's Wrench presented a comprehensive and compact informational session. In addition to the regular bike basics about moving safely in traffic, she covered some ebike-specific details. "Cars don't expect you to be moving as quickly as you can be, and the increased weight of the ebike can require more stopping time than you're used to at first," she said

"You know, I rode here today, and I enjoyed it, but when I first arrived, I wasn't well, dry," Bortman said. Ebikes will enable Metro employees to ride to meetings, saving fuel, parking expenses, and other fleet maintenance expense. Based on their smiles while test riding today, they might even have some fun getting there, too.

(Personally, I was happy to finally get an in-focus picture of Tori!)

No comments:

Post a Comment